The International Violin Bridge Competition 2021
Entries from all nations invited.
Categories: Violin, Viola, Cello and Other(miscellaneous)
Awards for Each Category
Gold, Silver and a Medal of Merit.
Selected entries will be photographed, measured and added to the violinbridges.co.uk archive.
Awarded entries will be photographed and added to Book 2 of the Violin Bridges Photographic Book to be published later this year.
Webinars: Online master classes by leading professionals and manufacturers on Bridge making cutting and tuning. (additional Enrolment fees with limited availability.)
Opening and Deadline dates for Enrolment February 2021.
- Application form sent by email together with Proof of the Enrolment, processing Fees.
- PhotoCopy of Photographic Identification ie: Passport, Driving License.
- Short Biography/CV in English to be used throughout the competition and archives.
- Bridges to be sent via tracked postage to Violin Bridges, NP8 1PE, Wales, U.K
- Enrolment Fee for each entry paid Online, early bird discount available up until May.
The Jury: A Team of internationally renowned Violin makers and Restorers.
Workmanship, material choice, branding/ stamp, design, weight, finish, balance, overall appearance.
- All styles of bridges are encouraged in each category, classical or modern, the judges will be looking at bridges that demonstrate a mastery of your craft showing aesthetic and artistic merit and following the above criteria.
- All bridges need to be cut and submitted by the entrant, and stamped, preferably dated.
- Multiple Category Entries are allowed.
- Bridges made from non standard materials will be entered into the misc category?
- We will not be judging tone, but bridges need to show that they would work so consideration needs to be taken on weight and playability.
- Stamps may be temporarily covered by the organisers during the Judging Process.
- Maximum submission of two bridges per Category.
- The judges decisions are final.
- Entrants will give sole permission for the competition organisers to photograph and re use bridge images.
- Discounted Early enrollment fees will be available from February.
- Bridges will be kept to establish a physical archive alongside the violinbridges.co.uk permanent archive.
- Again Judges Decisions are Final.
- All entrants agree to promote the International Violin bridge competition via their Social Networks.
- Late entries will not be considered. The cut off date for enrolment will be posted on the website.
General Enquiries to Gerard KilBride – Judge and Organiser.
Become a sponsor of The International Violin Bridge competition and enjoy global advertising and interest via an established network of dedicated, professional makers, musicians, collectors and dealers.
For more information Contact Us.
Thanks to our friends and sponsors.